Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Moving up to uNL ladder

Hello my followers and myself when im WSOP ME champ next year looking back at where it all started :P

Its been a good week so far for poker and life in general, Ive had 2 job interviews which I hope 1 will be successful and played abit of footy and tennis, we drew 2-2 against 4th in the league so we remain 3rd but its an uphill task to gain promotion now with only 3 games left, we need to beat 2nd place and hope they drop points in one of there other games! Tennis wise I missed the match at Brewood (lost 4-0) and played against Bloxwich last night (lost 4-0), first time id played in just over a week and it took me ages to adjust to playing on hard courts again, once I got in a rhythm I played solid but my partner had a nightmare which cost us really, nevermind.



Mostly want to talk about poker this week because im taking a big jump up to *drumroll* nl10 :) Its a big step for me because Ive been grinding nl5 for so long 35k hands this year which for someone who prob only plays about 500 hands or so in a session and not very regularly. anyway since my last post Ive been on a little bit of a heater 1867hands and a profit of $42.55, ive been really happy with the way ive been playing, obviously still some leaks but Im improving everyday so hopefully it can only get better *touches wood*





















so I took my first stab at nl10 today and it went well, instead of my usual 6x nl5, I opted for 2xNL5 and 2xNL10, It certainly helped me find a rhythm but 4 tabling is so slow, the next session I may opt for 3xNL5 and 3xNL10 until I get to 25+BI for nl10 and then I will go for 6xNL10 :)

I havent noticed to many differences between nl5 and nl10 but im actively looking out for the regs and fish and trying to avoid/play pots with respectively.

Finally because of all the issues going on with FTP I was looking into what sort of level I need to be playing to get the equivalent of 27% RB on stars and to be comfortable id want to be gaining atleast goldstar each month now to get this id need to be putting in 47k hands/month at nl10 or 33k hands/month at nl25, so when I reach nl25 Ill see how possible it is to put in 33k hands/month and if its possible I may consider moving to stars but for the moment I am happy with FTP mainly because of regular RB :) 



A hand for your consideration; I absolutely hate the way I played this hand, thoughts?



http://www.holdemmanager.net
NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Replayer Game#30941823373


SB ($5)
Hero (BB) ($5.05)
UTG ($5.16)
UTG+1 ($4.88)
MP ($5)
Villain ($6.68)
BTN ($2)


SB posts (SB) $0.02
Hero posts (BB) $0.05


Dealt to Hero 8c  8d  
fold, fold, 
MP raises to $0.15
Villain calls $0.15
fold, fold, 
Hero calls $0.10
FLOP ($0.47) 7s  6s  5d  
Hero checks
MP checks
Villain bets $0.15
Hero raises to $0.45
MP folds
Villain calls $0.30
TURN ($1.37) 7s  6s  5d  3c  
Hero checks
Villain bets $1.20
Hero calls $1.20
RIVER ($3.77) 7s  6s  5d  3c  2h  
Hero checks
Villain bets $2.34
Hero...

No comments:

Post a Comment